Frequently Asked Questions
Which methods of payment are accepted at Hank & Ax?
- We accept all major credit cards, checks and cash. Our current system is not compatible with the Visa and MasterCard pre-paid gift cards so we do not accept this method of payment at this time.
Why do you need my card on file to book an appointment?
- A stylist's paycheck depends entirely on appointment spots filled during the day. A typical service takes anywhere from 1-3 hours and a booked appointment narrows down the chance for another paid opportunity. Last minute cancellations can be very hard to fill, even if there is a waitlist for that stylist or that day. Because of this, last minute cancellations are very similar to no-shows because they cost the stylist, and the salon, money. A card number on file is a good way to hold yourself accountable to remember your appointments and/or reschedule in a timely manner that keeps everyone in this relationship happy and feeling respected. As a salon, it's our way of protecting our stylists and their big dreams! (Luckily, we have some of the best clients in the world and we rarely have to enforce our cancellation policy, so chances are, you'll never have to worry about it!)
What if I need to cancel my appointment at the last minute?
- As a courtesy to our stylists and guests on our waitlist, Hank & Ax requires a 24-hour notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment (72 hours for hand-tied extension appointments). In the event that a 24-hour notice is not given, the card on file will be charged for the full amount of the services booked. You will have two weeks to reschedule with the same stylist (providing they're available) at no additional cost, however, payment for any services added during the makeup appointment will apply. If a makeup appointment with the originally scheduled stylist cannot be rescheduled within two weeks, because of your schedule or ours, the cancellation fee will be forfeited and the next appointment will be charged at full price. If the card on file is declined, you will have 24 hours to provide a new method of payment or a $50 charge will be added to your next appointment. Hank & Ax reserves the right to apply the cancellation policy as we see fit.
Are children allowed at Hank & Ax?
- There are a couple of factors we're dealing with here: First, Hank & Ax is full of sharp tools, hot tools and chemicals that can be dangerous for unattended children, and the last thing we want to do is risk anyone's safety! Secondly, we want your experience (and everyone's experience) here to be calm and relaxing, and when asking most moms we know, they tell us that child care is not very relaxing. In our experience, a 2.5 hour appointment is just a little too long to expect a child to sit through and behave. That being said, we understand that things come up, schedules change and we would never want you to miss your appointment, so use your best judgment.
- At this time, Hank & Ax stylists accept clients 12 years of age and older.
Why do your prices vary so much? / How much do you charge for a __________________?
Our color services are priced based on the products and processes required to achieve your desired look. Because of this, we cannot give specific prices without an in-person consultation. We are always able to work within your beauty budget and our stylists are more than willing to discuss the price of your service before they even begin to mix color! To set up a complimentary consultation, call or text 402-932-6599.
I'm interested in fashion colors (pinks, purples, blues etc.) what do I need to know?
This is a big one, you ready? Fashion colors are a lifestyle. In order for the color to show up as vibrant as you'd want it, your entire head MUST be blonde. Secondly, we carry some pretty rad brands for fashion colors, but every single color fades, and fashion colors appear to fade quickly because of the vibrancy. You might not notice when your glossy brunette fades into a silky brown, but you will definitely notice when your hot pink hair becomes pastel. Now, this doesn't mean we don't love the fashion color life, because we LOVE the fashion color life! We just want you to make the best decision for you!
Ready to take the plunge? Of course you are, you're not scared of change!
Step 1 - call or text 402-932-6599 to set up a consultation with one of our fashion color experts. This complimentary, 15-minute appointment will give you and your stylist a better idea of the plan, plus you will be able to book out the appropriate amount of time and know exactly what to expect upon checkout.
Step 2 - show up for your appointment well-hydrated and packed with snacks. This is a marathon, people! Expect to be here for a few hours :)
Step 3 - obsess over your new color, take a million selfies and tag @hankandax on Instagram!
Will I be charged sales tax?
- Yes and no. All of your services + gratuity are tax free, but you will be charged NE state sales tax on any products purchases.